Thursday, September 3, 2009

Preseason Planning - Part Three

Three hours until football! Ok, so I don't really care about South Carolina vs. North Carolina State, but its the first game of the year and its on ESPN, so I'm psyched to watch. Which means its about time I wrap up these posts about preseason planning since I am running out of time. I saved the best for last though - my guide to what you need to have on hand to throw a football party at any time.
The results of my preseason shopping trip.

Here are the basics:
  • Cheese & Crackers, the easiest and most classic of football snacks
  • Tortilla Chips & Salsa, again easy & satisfying
  • Hummus, for when you want to eat something that's not terrible for you
  • Velveeta, the base of many delicious dips
  • Cream Cheese, another staple for making dips or other snacks
  • Olives, salty and easy to serve
  • Pepperoni, in college I used to refer to pepperoni as "meat cookies". At least this time I choose the slightly less unhealthy turkey pepperoni.
  • Burgers, for when you need something more substantial. Bubba Burgers are the greatest.
  • Frozen chopped onions, frozen chopped broccoli, canned chili, cream of mushroom soup: the makings of 2 of my most favorite football dips. Recipes to come this weekend!
Having the above on hand at all times in the Fall, as I do, will allow you to make a number of snacks on short notice. I'll do my best to elaborate over the next couple months. I don't promise anything healthy, but I do promise it'll be delicious!

No comments: