Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Preseason Planning - Part 2

College football season arrives tomorrow and temperatures here in New England have been adding to the feeling the Fall is here. I used to be a summer girl, but as I've gotten a little older (and had to work through summer as opposed to spending it poolside) autumn has become my favorite season. It's got it all - the change of the leaves making for beautiful scenery, the temps are cool enough to break out a sweater, but warm enough to still be outside, and of course, football!
I spent yesterday wrapping up my preseason preparations in anticipation of the first games this week. Most people have boxes of decorations for Christmas stashed in the basement or a spare closet. I have a box for football season. It was time to break out the contents and put them in their game-day homes.

Included in the box:
  • 2 Terrible Towels (Go Steelers!)
  • black and gold megaphone
  • football themed plates and napkins
  • football & goal post toothpicks
  • football-shaped tray
  • football cheese spreaders
  • burnt orange & white Longhorns blanket
  • stuffed Bevo
  • Longhorns tray
  • Longhorns napkins
  • Longhorns wine corks
  • and of course, Game Day Beauty nail polish in Texas Longhorns Orange
Also pictured - University of Texas garden gnome who guards my living room year round.

Now that I've gathered my supplies, I'm ready to start planning a menu for football snacks. Next post - what to have on hand to ensure you have the makings of a football feast any time there is a game on! But first, it's time for a Hook 'Em Horns mani/pedi :)

2 comments:

WillyP & me said...

I always wondered what was up with that gnome. Now I get it!!

Erin said...

best. Christmas Gift. ever. (thanks Mom!)